Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And we're off!



And we’re off!

 

Welcome to our first post.  I can’t believe that we’re up and running.  It’s been a long time coming but I finally had to sit down, {gulp} put my big girl pants on and figure this out.

Here’s a little about me.  First off I am a mom.  I stay home with my kids and am so thankful to be able to do so.  But the other side of the coin is that I tend to take on more than I should because everyone thinks I ‘just stay home’ and can do this one thing.  One thing normally adds up to 12 and I am buried.  I let a lot of things go, including my health, weight and desire to wear anything that I have to hand wash. Don’t laugh; I know some of you are right there with me reading this in your sweats.

My youngest was diagnosed with Celiac in 2009.  It was then that I found Robyn Openshaw and her site www.GreenSmoothieGirl.com.  I loved the fact that my daughter, who was having such a hard time absorbing nutrients, could have a green smoothie that was 100% good for her.   No fillers, no syrup.  Nothing but whole foods; so that whatever her body COULD absorb would benefit her.

Everything was going well.  Then I started baking gluten free.  You would think that's a good thing. Save money, better ingredients but NOOOOOO.  I was basically using white rice flour and potato starches with a few healthy things thrown in.  Let me tell you, eating rice flour all day adds a few a lot of inches to your waist line. So here we are.  Back on the green smoothies daily, back to healthier living.

One thing I’ve added to our daily regimen is doTERRA CPTG oils.  They are helping me use natural products to treat everyday issues.  I can now treat what is causing the issue, not just the symptoms and feel good doing it.  But wait, there’s another bonus.   Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE food storage.  These oils never go bad.  Let me say that again. They NEVER GO BAD!  I can add them to my emergency kits and not worry.  One less thing on my TO DO list.

I know that I do better when I am accountable to others.  Join me and let’s hold each other accountable and find natural ways to live. 
Come on Take the Thyme.  For yourself, for your family, for your future!  

-Wendy

    

Oil of the Week – Slim & Sassy
I thought this would be a good oil to look at with Halloween candy still on the counter and Thanksgiving and Christmas closing in fast.   Here’s the official release on Slim & Sassy:
dōTERRA's Slim & Sassy is a proprietary formula of grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger, and cinnamon essential oils. Just add 8 drops to 16 oz. of water and drink between your healthy meals throughout the day to help manage hunger, calm your stomach, and lift your mood. Slim & Sassy is 100% pure essential oils, does not contain diuretics or stimulants, and has zero calories.
  How to use Slim and Sassy
      for FAST results: 3-5 drops3-5 times a day
     Use Slim & Sassy internally or aromatically
                                                                    *   in your water,
                                                           *   right on your tongue,
                                                           * swallowed in a capsule,
                                                           * or dropped in your palms and inhaled.
 
Cinnamon : Improves liver function, anti-oxidant, cholesterol balance, reduces diabetic risk, metabolizes sugars, prevents new fat cell production
Ginger: Stimulates significant weight loss, fat released
Peppermint: Appetite suppressant, increase sense of fullness and satisfaction after eating
Grapefruit and Lemon: Reduce appetite, fewer fat cells produced, release fat from cells
Another benefit of Slim & Sassy is a reduction of toxicity throughout the entire body. Other benefits are decreased inflammation, improved digestion, better glucose utilization, cholesterol decreased, and energy boosted.
 
There are testimonials all over the internet by people who have lost weight and/or used Slim & Sassy to control their weight.  People even use it for upset stomachs.  I have seen the effect first hand on my husband. My husband has bad sugar cravings.  He is always hungry.  It’s crazy, I had to double or triple recipes so we had enough at the table, then leftovers for his lunch.  I had mentioned the Slim & Sassy oil before but he’s a man’s man.  6 ft, bald, rides a motorcycle, works on cars.  You know the type.  A few weeks later I mentioned it again in passing and he said OK!  He has been using the Slim & Sassy blend in his water for the past 2 weeks.  After the first day he noticed a difference.  He mentioned how his cravings weren’t as bad as normal.  Then he started eating less at the table.  12 days into using it he forgot his water at home; he called me and asked me to bring it up to work.  He feels the difference this little oil is making and  I see the results.  I can’t wait to post a before and after photo in January!   
**Remember use oils in a glass container only**
 
 
Now for the fun part!  To officially kick off our blog and Facebook page we will be doing a giveaway every Monday for 4 weeks
Here’s our first *GIVEAWAY*
Enter to win a bottle of Slim & Sassy and see the results for yourself.  There are 3 ways to enter:
1.                          Comment on this blog post
2.                          Like us on Facebook
3.                          Share this post on Facebook
We will draw a winner on Friday morning.  Good Luck!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE doTerra oils!!!!! Look forward to following your blog

    ReplyDelete